- Notice how a writer communicates humor
- Infer a character's traits, feelings, and motivations.
- Predict what will happen, using background knowledge.
- Infer the big idea in a story.
- Read the punctuation and sentence structure to interpret a writer's specific meaning.
- Read silently at an appropriate rate.
Independent Writing: Write about why Emma's dad was important to the story. Use the pages you marked to give examples from the story.
Introduce new text "Nothing But Trouble!"
September 15th-18th, 2014
Objective: SWBAT........ Identify the number of tens and ones that are used to compose a two digit number.
Warm Up: Regrouping ten 1's and trading for one 10.
Mini-Lesson: Regrouping chips
Activity: Regrouping using number cubes, SWB Pg. 8-9
Debrief: Discuss student's reflect prompt